- Brussel Spouts
- The zest of one lemon
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 red wine vinegar
- 1 generous pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 25 grams of butter
- Half the Brussel Sprouts and toss in olive oil with salt and pepper, until evenly coated.
- place cut-side down on a grease-proof oven tray and roast at 200° for 20-25 minutes, until brown and slightly chared.
- Meanwhile, bring honey to a simmer in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Keep stirring until honey is a deep amber colour, but not burnt.
- Remove from heat and add vinegar and chilli flakes. Whisk until sauce is smooth (it may bubble up quite aggressively when you add the vinegar).
- Add butter, a pinch of salt and the lemon zest while whisking constantly, until glaze is glossy, bubbling, and slightly thickened, 3–4 minutes.
- Add the roasted brussel sprouts to the glaze and stir around until they are hot. Serve immediately.